Sunday, April 17, 2016

Today We Begin!

Today marks the beginning of my healthier living journey!  I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old that were born just 14 months apart.  In addition to that, we lost our first pregnancy at 21 weeks before successfully having the two we have now.  I was pregnant 3 times in 3 years and my poor body shows it.  All 3 of my pregnancies had health complications that required bed rest and the weight just piled on...and on.

I thought once I was done being pregnant it would be easy to get all of this extra weight off, but I wasn't quite prepared for the reality of 2 small children so close in age.  Time became a thing I just never had enough of.

Dinner was cook something healthy for the kids, eat with them, and then after the kids were in bed sneak off to get some fast food for a late night snack. Large milkshakes became a daily thing instead of an occasional treat, and pints of ice cream tended to disappear all at once.   Not proud of the past few years!!

Now that my babies are about to turn 3 and 4, I'm slowly starting to feel like I have some time here and there to make time for myself and my health.   I want to be there for them, not be too tired, and generally just feel better.  This blog will help me document my journey along the way, and hopefully help keep me accountable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Not Dainty Yet Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design